Pioneer Midwest will be offering Birkie Race waxing service again for 2020. Leave your waxing kit at home and forget about the nervous worrying over snow conditions. We will spend hours and hows on snow and carefully selecting each layer of wax so you can have the fastest skis on course. Last season we had more skiers move up to the elite wave than ever before.
This year the dropoff deadline is by 8pm on Tuesday, February 18th in-store. Skis will be transported the same day up to Hayward, which will allow us to do testing/waxing on site.
Again this year, skate pick up will be at the Birkie start line under the Pioneer Midwest tent. The skis will be sorted by racer wave. We will be testing various kick wax options and giving recommendations as well as selling kick products for you to apply. Note-We will not be applying kick wax race morning, but will have both top coat and kickwax for sale.
We Are Offering Three Waxing Services
*** Birkie Drop Off Details ***
- Kortie and Birkie Drop off: Deadline 8:00pm on Tuesday, February 18th In-Store
- Limited drop off at Birkie Expo Thursday, February 21st 1pm-8pm (Birkie Only, Details Below)
*** Pick Up Details ***
- Kortie Pick Up: Thursday, February 20th during the Expo at the Rex/Pioneer Midwest booth from 1pm-8pm.
- Birkie Classic Pick Up: Friday, February 21st during the expo at the Rex/Pioneer Midwest booth from 1pm-8pm.
- Birkie Skate Pick Up: Saturday, February 22nd at the start line under the Pioneer Midwest Tent from 6:00am-9:55am(Wave 8 Start).
*** For Birkie racers only! You have an expo drop off option: you can drop off your skis for waxing service at the Birkie expo on Thursday, February 20th from 1pm - 8pm and pick them up on Friday 1pm-8pm. This waxing service is $120/pair of skis and there is limited availability. ***