16th Annual Ski Swap
Pioneer Midwest 16th Annual Ski Swap
8am - 5pm
This year the ski swap will see several changes. We have made the decision to move the date later in the month to better align with the new start to the high school season and we will also be spreading the event out over two days to minimize crowding. Admission will be based on first come first serve online sign up. We will have 15 time slots per half hour and request that groups be kept to a minimum (i.e one parent per skier/skiers). Online sign up will begin on November 12th at noon. Equipment drop off will also be spread out over a longer period to avoid crowding in the shop beginning October 28th.
- 10/28 Item check in begins
- 11/12 @ noon online sign up for time slots begins
- 11/21-11/22 8am - 5pm ski swap
- 12/1 3pm unsold items must be picked up or they wil be donated
We have a large selection of both used and new cross country ski equipment. We have additional staff and ski experts working at this event to make sure that everybody receives help fitting skis, boots, and other equipment.
High School and Middle School Skiers - Key Information to know:
- Coach preference for classic skis: Waxable -OR- Skin
- Skier weight, height, and shoe size.
- Be mindful that some used skis may have SNS bindings which are not compatible with most boots.*
- It should be noted that this year there will be no SNS boots available for sale at the swap.
*Skis can still be converted to work with NNN/Prolink/Turnamic binding systems.
New and Touring Skiers -
- Intended use for skis (i.e. groomed trail, lakes, bushwacking.)
- Preference for classic skis: Waxable, Skin, or Fishscale.
- Learn a little more about ski packages, and getting into the sport on our website!
Beginning October 28th, drop off will be weekdays at the shop during regular store hours.
Items being dropped off must be accompanied by our item drop off form.
What equipment are we accepting?
We will accept newer cross country skis, boots, poles, clothing and other miscellaneous cross country specific equipment. Below is a guideline of what equipment we will accept for sale at the swap. Our goal with the swap is to help introduce the sport of cross country skiing to new participants and we want to make sure that the equipment they are getting is of decent quality.
- Skis – skate, classic, and touring skis. No backcountry skis, only modern bindings allowed (SNS or NNN).
- Boots – NNN/Prolink skate, classic, and combi boots. No SNS boots will be accepted.
- Poles – We will be accepting all composite and carbon poles with hand straps. Poles with basic loop straps typically have very little resale value.
- Bindings – if you have loose NNN/Prolink/Turnamic bindings you may sell those. No SNS bindings will be accepted for sale.
- Clothing – clean, good condition cross country specific clothing, hats, and gloves will be accepted. If it looks like your dog has been wearing it for a few years, leave it at home.
- Rollerskis, wax, wax tools, ski bags will be accepted.
- No alpine or snowboard equipment will be accepted.
Pricing your items
Generally, year old equipment in good condition can be sold for about 50% of what was originally paid. Two-year-old or more equipment in good condition can be sold for about 30-40% of what was originally paid. If you’re unsure of what to price your equipment, our staff can help you determine a price.
A service fee at 5% of selling price will be applied to all sales that are being paid out to in-store credit. You may also opt for a check payout, where a service fee of 15% of selling price will be applied. In-store credit will be issued as a deposit on your store account on Monday November 23rd after the swap, checks will be mailed.
Pick up of unsold items
Unsold items must be picked up by Tuesday, December 1st before 3:00pm. Unsold items not reclaimed by Tuesday, December 1st will be donated.